Ranger Team Coordinator (Male)
Maximum Term – 12 Months Full-Time Contract with possibility of extension.
This role is an exceptional opportunity to work closely with the Kiwirrkurra IPA Coordinator, coordinate project delivery across a range of land and community projects within the Kiwirrkurra land management program, with particular responsibility for the Kiwirrkurra Ranger Team project. Provide leadership and coordination to a core group of Indigenous employees (the Ranger Team) to undertake land management and other duties consistent with funding requirements.
The Kiwirrkurra Indigenous Protected Area (IPA) is a high achieving program with established partnerships, funding and projects. There are exceptional opportunities led by strong traditional owners.
The successful person will:
- be a dynamic team player;
- work effectively with Aboriginal people to achieve shared goals;
- have excellent facilitation and multi-tasking skills;
- show appropriate initiative and work productively with limited supervision;
- have experience in working alongside traditional owner ranger groups; and
- have excellent problem solving, organisational, writing and inter-personal communication skills.
The successful person will be based in our Alice Springs office and must be available to travel to remote desert communities.
We are recruiting a male for this position as a genuine occupational requirement under Section 27 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
How do you apply?
- Download the Duty Statement and Selection Criteria document located above.
- Complete a Cover Letter expressing your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
- Complete a written response clearly addressing all the areas outlined under the Selection Criteria. This includes the essential and desirable qualifications, skills and experience*
- Submit you application as per the instructions for job applicants at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday 13th July 2018, 4.30pm (WST)**
*Applications that do not include a completed Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria will not be accepted.
**Late applications will not be accepted.
How to Address Selection Criteria - Click Here for Information provided by Work for SA
For more information contact the HR Officer on 9425 2099
For further employment opportunities within the Central Desert Group visit The Central Desert Website
Instructions for job applicants
Please email your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email subject line please write the name of the position for which you are applying
So that we can contact you about the position, in the body of the email please write your full name and indicate your contact preference i.e. provide mobile or preferred email address.
Please attach the following documents in pdf form
- Cover letter
- A document addressing the selection criteria
Send your email!